IBPS Full Form
What is the full form of IBPS
IBPS: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an independent organization which conducts online exams to recruit officers, clerks and trainees in public sector banks in India. It is based in Mumbai, India. The institute conducts different exams for different positions in public sector banks which are listed below:
- IBPS Clerk Exam for clerical positions
- IBPS PO Exam for Probationary Officers
- IBPS SO Exam for Specialist Officers
- IBSC RRB Exam for Officers and office assistants in Regional Rural Banks
Its vision is to develop and implement world class processes and systems for the assessment and selection of personnel in a fair manner for client organizations and conduct relevant research and publicize the results.
IBPS is led by the Governing Board. Its director acts as its Chief Executive Officer and performs his tasks and duties in coordination with the Divisional Heads. Shri Ashwani Kumar is the current Chairman and Managing Director of IBPS.
IBPS periodically conducts online exams. It accepts online exam applications at its website and exams are conducted in multiple locations across the country.
- It started its operation as Personnel Selection Services (PSS) in 1975.
- In 1984, with the permission of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and public sector banks, it became an independent body.
- In 2011, it started conducting Common Written Examination (CWE) to recruit candidates in public sector banks.
Today CWE of IBPS is mandatory to get employment in the public sector or regional rural banks.
Except RBI, almost all public sector and rural banks accept the IBPS score. Some of them are listed below:
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank